Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tre's Salute Hat

Kate Oates did a KAL for the Salute Hat last month, parceling out the directions one step at a time. It was such a fun project...like having homework in a good way. I had all but the brim done when I visited Tre in Portland last month (my four-year-old grandson). I intended to finish it there but forgot to pack the bill instructions. ARGH! I was able to try the brimless hat on him though and was grateful that it fit. He so wanted it finished (ouch!). While Viv and I were at Knit/Purl, he went next door to the fabric shop and picked out these "manly" leather covered buttons which I think are the exact size of his huge brown Bambi eyes.

His "Grandpa Dad" is mailing this to him today, so that one day soon it will be waiting for him when he gets home from his preschool, Happy Hollow (seriously, that's what it's called!). If you're interested in more details on Salute, check out my project page on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment