Friday, October 15, 2010

Baktus Scarf

This is Baktus, a fun and easy long, long triangular scarf...all knit in garter stitch. Thursday evening, October 21st from 6-8 p.m., designer Lisa Limber of Schaefer Yarns will be at the Grove with large bags of cash n' carry sock weight yarns and we are doing a Baktus knit along. I can hardly wait and you know I'm not kidding.

I have knit so many pieces in "Heather" and couldn't tear myself away from it to try Schaefer's other sock yarns...like "Nicole". How could I possibly like any Schaefer yarn better, I thought? Well, I grabbed a skein of "Nicole" right before I left the shop Wednesday evening. Okay, now I have a "Nicole" fetish going on! It's springy and yummy and I keep running my hand over the fabric because it feels soooooo good. I don't really have words for its texture. I just know that my feet are screaming for socks made out of it.

Baktus has been knit by approximately 4500 Ravelers so it's fair to say it's one of the most popular patterns ever. You weigh your yarn first (hence, my little WW buddy photographed above). And then you knit half of it (weighing it to determine that point)increasing one side with a yarn over every fourth row. At the half way point, you switch to decreasing on one side. You end up with this wonderfully long scarf that can be wrapped and tied around your neck. We figured this would be a good KAL since it can be knit in public with ease.

If you would like to join us, just give me a call at the Grove (619) 284-7684 to reserve a seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment