Sunday, July 12, 2009

REAL vine-ripened tomatoes!

These two jewels are from a volunteer tomato plant in my backyard. I never thought I'd see the day when it would bear fruit. In the Spring I fed this plant, watered it frequently, tended to it in every way. And then the blossoms started to drop off and I got discouraged. Eventually I abandoned it, asking DH to dig it up because I saw no reason to keep it going...especially with San Diego's water restrictions. Well, he didn't and don't you know that this raggedy ol' plant thrived in neglect and popped out these two little beauties! I'm sure there's a lesson in all this but I'm not sure what it is!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps the lesson is that - even when we give up the things that are meant to be in our lives persist bringing us unexpected joy! They are indeed beauties!

    ReplyDelete