Thursday, July 16, 2009

Falling Leaves Scarf Necklace

Shoot, it looks like I'm going to be late for work again today because I couldn't leave the house until I finished the last Kitchener Stitch on this beautiful necklace. I've been working on it for at least 2 weeks now because the "yarn" is as thin as beading wire and it is knit on size 0 needles. Yep, you heard me - size zeerrooos. And at times the size zeeerrrooos were even too big for the "yarn". But I tell you, it was all worth it. This pattern is in Rosemary Hill's Elements of Style and is made out of Habu's merino covered stainless steel. The yarn is amazing because it has memory. And the pattern was so easy! I honestly enjoyed working on it until I had to knit a total of 42" in stockinette. Z-z-z-z. And until I had to do the Kitchener Stitch to finish it. All I need to do now is wrap beads around the neck of the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment