Wednesday, January 12, 2011

True Grit, Frankie & Gap-tastic Cowl

Some days are just bound to be better than others. I am very excited about seeing True Grit this afternoon! Can't wait to see Jeff Bridges on the big screen saying ... "ain't nuthin' I kin do fer ya, son"! And if you are a fan like I am, you won't want to miss "American Masters: Jeff Bridges-The Dude Abides" tonight at 10 p.m. on KPBS.

After the movie, it's a quick stop to visit my chick, Frankie. For those of you who are Frankie followers, you're not going to believe what she did last week! She laid her first egg!!!!!! Actually, she's been laying one a day for the past 7 days or so. She's the first of the 5 chicks to bless us with one. I'm so proud of her. I take back everything I said about her when she was going through her ugly duckling phase. Here she is in all her Rhode Island Red beauty!
Don and Celeste surprised me with 3 little eggs, precious as jewels on Sunday. Here they are: They were so pretty, I almost didn't want to eat them, but I did!!!

After spending face time with Frankie, I'm heading to the Grove for the 6:00 p.m. Gap-tastic Cowl KAL. (For more details, just hit the top right bird-nest icon for our current schedule). We'll be knitting it in Misti Alpaca. I just got in 30 skeins of their Hand-Painted Chunky which I will be using for mine. It is gorgeous and I can't wait to get my hands on it. So join us if you can. We allow wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment