Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gap-tastic Cowl Underway

We started the cowl last night and it is, indeed, fantastic! I chose Hand-Painted Chunky by Misti Alpaca which is 100% baby alpaca (meaning it is going to be one of the softest fibers you will ever feel). What I really like about their hand-painted is that it doesn't stripe and it doesn't pool. You get just these wonderful little dots of color throughout that are so pleasing. And it does go incredibly fast. I didn't bring a second ball home with me after the KAL and I should have! But then I'd have been up far too late. This yarn should come with a warning label...cannot stop once you start!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, luscious! That color is amazing, I love the flecks of brights. So, do you have more of the HPC in stock? How many skeins does it take? I need a good take-along project for a short trip we have coming up =-)I was going to try to come to the KAL but it didn't work out, darn it. Did you LOVE True Grit? I sure did! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!!! Gorgeous! Now I'm even more sorry I missed the KAL last night.

    ReplyDelete