Wednesday, February 18, 2015

RIP Grover, Welcome Blue Boy!


Grover, my very special birthday present and mascot to Yarns at the Grove lived almost 4 years, which is a good, long life for a Betta. Aw, he was so elegant and beautiful.  Almost iridescent in color. Grover made his transition (ahem) a few days ago.  Although I was pretty sure Grover had breathed his last, he has played dead a couple of times before...often after a bowl change.  This time was different though.  My husband was tasked with the job of disposing of the body.  When he was on his way to the bathroom, I asked him to make triple sure that Grover was truly dead this time.  I heard the toilet flush and he said - he is now. (Not the most sensitive man in the world.)

The first thing I did the next morning was to look in Grover's bowl with his food on hand to feed him. I didn't realize that second to coffee, he was my first thought every morning.  So, I decided it was best to bring a new Grove mascot on board as quickly as possible.  And here he is:  Blue Boy.  A male Veiltail.  We christened him with a glass of champagne at Brabant before I brought him home and set him up in his new digs.  He adapted immediately and appears to be very happy.  He is gorgeous and healthy and has a voracious appetite.  Long live Blue Boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment