Tuesday, February 24, 2015

It's Time.

I do feel bad for Boston where I spent my 20's.  I read this morning that they are reaching 100" of snow so far this winter.  Ay-yi-yi!  So I feel a little guilty as I look out onto my sunshine-filled deck and spot the tomato plants Krista bought me this weekend at Walter Anderson's.  Yep.  They've got a ton of varieties for sale.  Already.  And why not?  At this point, it's pretty clear that we are not going to have a winter and I am itching to get these tomatoes planted.  I actually asked my doc if my addiction to tomatoes indicates a vitamin deficiency.  Not that she's aware of.  Oh, I see.  It's my soul that needs them, not my body.  Whatever, I can't wait to have some home-grown ones!  I've got a beefsteak, an early girl, and a pineapple heirloom.  3 plants should be enough to feed friends and family.  My desires are so nominal these days.  All I want right now is to have enough tomatoes to make tomato jam as gifts.  And I put a curse on all tomato worms.  I will not, I repeat, I will not share my fruit with them!

4 comments:

  1. I was down in my garden the other day, cleaning dead stuff out, getting the itch to dig :-) I'm going to City Farmers (on Home...have you been there?) and scope out the possibilities :-D Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't thought about City Farmers in years. Thanks for reminding me! It is a farm as I recall with chickens and goats. FUN!

    ReplyDelete