Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Look Thanks to MAD Designs

Despite her busy schedule, Marcia took time away from her Beading by the Bay preparation yesterday to help judipatuti and me with our blogs. In Marcia's former life, she was in IT and she floors us with her abilities, although she says it's "nothing". Well, you could have fooled us!

Anyway, with Marcia's help Judy created her blog and wrote her first entry. Oh, do look at it now! It's lovely.

And we revised mine to include the new Swellsknits banner you see above. The backdrop for the banner is my absolute favorite knitted item, my Sei Shonagon pillow (pattern by Larissa Golden Brown).



The front of the pillow is knit in in an eyelet pattern with Euroflax Sportweight Linen. I wrote the poem free form with a coffee calligraphy pen on a piece of interfaced muslin. I cut the sentences into strips and wove them through the linen eyelet, backing the whole pillow in muslin.



The poem, which always brings me to my knees is by David Whyte. It's called the House of Belonging. I hope it speaks to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment