Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Loving Liesl


Oh my. I love this piece!



Liesl is made from a linen/paper blend by Habu! It was a crunchy knit because of the paper and I debated whether to wash the garment before blocking. What the heck, I thought, I can always knit another one! So I machine washed it on delicate with a few white towels. It softened substantially, with no shrinkage.


The drape is lovely.

And the design details are simple but elegant. The way in which the pocket is knit is brilliant as are the finishing techniques.


The Liesl photographed in Coco Knit's pattern is knit in Louet's Euroflax. Eight of their best-selling colors are on their way from Canada. I'm planning on offering a class in April to review the techniques used in this pattern, so stay tuned for our April calendar.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Looking foward to the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you finished! And you love it, that is great news, so now, which color??? I think I picked the Grape.....can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I might have to take this class too. That piece is stunning, Susan! I can't wait to see it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the drape....only something with linen and a great design will do that! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete