Friday, June 5, 2009

Enough with the Fish Already!

Help me Jesus, I can't stop with the fish fabric! This is it, I swear!

judi patuti created these linen project bags, which feel quite durable...like your knitting needles will have a hard-time poking through the fabric. I knit the 3-stitch I-chord ties in Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton (Colors Ink & Sage). I tied a simple knot at one end of the tie, attached a safety pin to the other end and fed it through the fabric channel. Tied off that end and repeated the process for the other side (2 ties per bag). That's it - boom. Done. In no time at all! Hmmm. Use in lieu of gift wrap for graduation or birthday presents, use as a book bag, or a sack to hold all those give-away lemons. The possibilities are endless!

P.S. I have one of those lemon trees that had a bumper crop this year.

1 comment:

  1. Those are just grand. Remind me to tell you about my thing with fish.

    Can we get signed up for KNIT IN PUBLIC? There is no location in San Deigo.
    http://www.wwkipday.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete