Monday, May 4, 2009

Crazy Looking Cat


Lesson learned from my first post ... never promise to share a completed project in the near future! If I hadn't promised all of you (who I am sure check this blog regularly looking for the kitty..not!), I probably wouldn't have finished this.

Lesson #2: I am not a big fan of making animals and vow to not attempt another one, no matter how cute the pattern. I tried making a monkey once because my friend thought it would be a fun knit along. I got through the first striped leg and decided it was the last thing I wanted to be working on. I was quite over it ... quite quickly. Luckily, a customer of mine discovered the same darling pattern and wanted to make it for the baby in her life. I convinced her to take the damn leg along with the yarns and, don't you know, she made a wonderful stuffed monkey, destined to become a fond childhood memory.

Now that this project is happily behind me I can return to the other three I have underway. For obvious reasons, I am not going to share these works in progress with you!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I'd have to agree, I wonder what possessed you when you could have been making progress on
    'real' knitwear....

    ReplyDelete