Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's A Long Way To Tipperary!

OMG! This Cotton Ponchette is taking forever to finish!!! I'm a pretty fast knitter and I also knit a lot so for any project to take more than a week, is forever to me. I think I've been working on this one for three so that makes it an eternity! I'm on my 6th ball of Covington. At 186 yds. per ball, I have knit over 1100 yards. But the end is in sight and I think I'm going to love wearing this. It's got a lovely drape and the lace edging is delicious (I can't think of any other word to describe it). I've got 3 more inches to go and then it's bind off and sew time. The final measurements will be 53" x 22" (versus the 53" x 17" called for in the pattern.)

The ponchette will have it's grand debut at this weekend's Spring Walkabout...Saturday, March 24th starting at 6:00. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment