Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spinning Yarn with a Drop Spindle

Chuck Page of Pagewood Farm fame, taught us how to use a drop spindle yesterday. He brought us hand-dyed Blue Face Leicester (BFL) roving. It looked like colorful cotton candy and honestly it was hard for me not to eat some of it. It is so gorgeous, you just want to Injest it! We were so engrossed in our spinning that 3 hours into the class, Chuck packed up as planned, and I don't think one of us raised a head to even thank him. Spinning is absolutely mesmerizing. I finished my first 2 oz. bundle last night and started on the second. Now I don't know if I did a good job or bad but I can't wait to dive back into it today!

2 comments:

  1. I know I am addicted to it now! I am already starting on my 3rd roving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to know that I am not alone! I finished my second and am going to pick up a third from the shop this evening. I found a couple worthwhile videos on YouTube that have been helpful. See you Saturday if not before,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete