Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spinning Fiber Arrives at the Grove!

In keeping with our philosophy of supporting small businesses, we have purchased these gorgeous super fine merino spinning fibers from Anzula, a fledgling company in Northern California. These girls started out selling fiber at farmer's markets. They took the big leap in January and exhibited at the Long Beach TNNA where we discovered them. I wish you could reach into this picture and feel how creamy and soft this fiber is. While picking out this incredible stuff wasn't difficult at all, we don't know how to spin it yet!

Enter, Chuck Page from Pagewood Farm! He'll be teaching us all how to spin yarn with a drop spindle on March 12 & 19th. He's also bringing Pagewood's own gorgeous roving with him for us to chose from. Don't miss this class which includes the drop spindle as well as fiber in a color of your choice. See the current class schedule (upper right side of this page). Hope to see you on the 12th!

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh, Susan, I think I have to take this class... Though I'm sure I will have to have some PF fiber, can I bring my own?
    x, Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I'm teaching tomorrow, so I can't take the class :o( Do you think Chuck will teach it again? I so want to learn this!
    x, Sad Val

    ReplyDelete