Monday, March 21, 2011

Knitting by the Beach Closing


I was so sad to read that Knitting by the Beach is closing their fine knitting shop in Solana Beach. The owner, Tanya Alpert (pictured), who is also the author of Haiku Knits, is an incredibly talented designer. I visited her shop when it first opened and was so impressed with her selection of yarns and accessories. All I can say is, please support your LYS despite the temptation of purchasing yarns on the internet. Soon there will be no where to go to fondle the yarns in person, get expert advice, and knit in a community of like-minded people. I try not to think that way, but we have lost 3 LYS' in the past few years. With the Grove only a few miles from downtown San Diego, we are the only yarn shop in San Diego proper. I just can't imagine life without yarn and I'm hoping you share the same feeling.

I read on Ravelry that there is still time to get some wonderful deals at Knitting by the Beach before the March 31st closure. While this is against our interest at the Grove, I urge you to stop by there if you can. You will get some beautiful product for 40% off and it will be very helpful to Tanya.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the notice, Susan. We took a drive out there, and had the pleasure of meeting Tanya and finding some very cool novelty yarns to use in my nuno felt pieces. Tanya really appreciated your support. You, my friend, are a class act!

    ReplyDelete