Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Keffiyeh Wrap

This intriguing wrap is featured in Modern Top-Down Knitting by Kristina McGown. There is a lot of knitting in this wrap and I debated whether I had the time to devote to such a project. But when I received Joseph Galler's Prime Alpaca recently, I gave in to the temptation and began knitting. The wrap starts with a provisional cast on and the wavy Knot Ridge I pattern you see below. I love the texture and the color play. It's like frosting on a cake! The pattern is simple, however, it is a challenge to knit 3 sts through the back loop (which is how you get the knotted ridge). It is so easy to miss one of the three loops and not so easy to detect the error until you're several rows up. With 153 sts in one row, that's a fair amount of ripping. So this piece cannot be rushed. The good news is that you have 4 rows of stockinette in between the 2 pattern rows. Rest rows are always a welcome sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment