Monday, November 8, 2010

Ah, A Woman's Play Is Never Done!

First, I want to thank all of you who came by yesterday to help celebrate our 7th anniversary! We had a wonderful time and your visit and well wishes made our day! Thank You!!!

For those of you who couldn't make it, Carol Brown served tea sandwiches, fresh scones, lemon cake and more. We walked the room with trays. Whenever a customer declined the treat in front of them, I asked them: "May I have it then?" and I had quite a little stack for myself! Who knew that cucumber, watercress, and cream cheese on white bread could be so good!!! You have got to try it!!! [It took me back to my old Boston days. When I was taking care of Rosie (my British friend) post surgery, I told her I would get her whatever comfort food she wanted. She said, "I should like a cucumber and watercress sandwich". And I replied, "Where in the hell am I supposed to get watercress?!# You are in New England and it is the dead of winter! Next choice please!"] Hah! But I digress.

Today, on our day off, judipatuti and I did a fresh window display featuring Thanksgiving colors of copper, brown, and lime green. Okay, lime green doesn't fit the traditional T-day palette but we do live in Southern California after all!



It is impossible for to get a decent photo of our window display because of the glare. So you'll just have to come by and see it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment