Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bobble Sheep Pillow

Purl Bee is the most astounding source for inspiration and free patterns.  I just saw this adorable lambie on Ravelry.  It was just published and already it is in 286 queues.  Make that 287!  Making a bobble is rather labor intensive because it involves knitting into the same stitch and reversing direction a couple of times.  So I wouldn't think this is a quick knit but I'm also thinking it's worth the time and effort!  I'm considering having a class on this in April and using Sport Weight alpaca by Blue Sky Alpaca (Purl Bee used it for the black face and hooves, but why stop there?  It would make the softest, most luscious body!).

BTW, if you have any ideas for upcoming classes, please email me with your suggestions! There are only 2 more months of classes at the Grove before the summer hiatus begins.    

No comments:

Post a Comment