Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, etc.


This is the reason I have not been knitting every spare moment these past couple of weeks, along with reading the second book in the trilogy: The Girl Who Plays With Fire. These books are to reading what Pop Chips are to snack food. You cannot put them down until the last word is read! Not only have I read the first 2 books, but I saw the movie "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" last week at the Landmark. They did a brilliant job with the movie. The third book in the trilogy, "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" has just come out in hardcover and I am loathe to pick it up because I am afraid of missing another 3 days! The books are non-stop action. Intriguing with a big cast of characters (and I mean characters!). Complex plots. Murders to be solved. Mysteries to be figured out. And at times both protagonists are subjected to horrible violence. That makes for some tough reading but not enough for you to give up on the book. And revenge soon follows and you find yourself cheering because the bad guys don't win. They are punished. And not by the law, either. Enough said!!! I don't want to give away too much, just pique your interest. These books make for great summer reading!

3 comments:

  1. LOVED these books...am hesitant to pick up the third for the same reasons as yours! =-) Well, and that it's still hardback...but I am sorely tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read these! I am embarassed to say that I had a similar experience recently with the Twilight series. I started out just screening them for my daughter, but, well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Susan, I have been really attracted to these books, and am glad to hear they are so good. I will definitely pick up the first book, and I appreciate the forewarning!

    ReplyDelete