Thursday, May 3, 2012

Assemblage

Have you ever noticed themes of color running through your life?  This morning I was sitting at my computer in my Sweet Pear room with the windows open so I could smell the blossoms on my lemon tree.  In front of me was this gorgeous peach rose that I cut from our front yard yesterday.  On my To Do list was the notation:  photo Assemblage for blog, Ravelry & Facebook.  So I got Assemblage from my knitting chair and placed it on the desk wondering what to hang it on to shoot it.  And darn if it wasn't the same color as my peach rose.  You would think that the yarn was died from the petals on that rose...that's how perfectly it matches. 

As for Assemblage, we are having a class in it on Thursday, May 10th from 6:30-8:30 p.m. (cost of $20).  It's a fun knit with an interesting construction.  Although there are 6-7 strands, it is knit in one piece with no finishing.  So it's a good class for those who would like to learn how to knit in the round and join without twisting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment