Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What Came First? The Sweet Peas or the Silk?

Sweet peas. The fragrance. The delicate whisper soft petals. How I love them! I was gazing at these dear ones and with little thought, I got up, went into my yarn room and began rummaging through my stash until I found this Art Yarns Royal Silk. Hah! Though I hadn't seen it in years, I knew I had this color! While scent and music rouse deep seated memories, for me, color is equally as powerful. I remember placing the order with excitement. I remember when it was delivered. I remember ripping open the box from Art Yarns and handling every skein before finding a home for them in the shop. And I remember selecting this bold color and the project I made with it. And now, my mind wanders to the crocheted flowers class Susan from Bonita Knitting is teaching at the Grove on May 15th. Oh, this color is so perfect. Wouldn't this silk make the most beautiful flowers? And here we are back at the sweet peas again. So I ask, which came first? The sweet peas or the silk?

1 comment:

  1. Love sweet peas - many childhood memories involving them....and since yarn didn't debut until college, I'd have to say sweet peas came first! However, if I had to choose one over the other today, it would be a toss up!

    ReplyDelete