Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkish Bed Socks


A visit from Lisa Limber, Schaefer Yarns' rep, is always inspiring. Yesterday, she introduced me to this Turkish Bed Socks pattern from Churchmouse Yarns, a wonderful knitting shop on Bainbridge Island, WA. I lightened Lisa's cash & carry load of hand-dyed Heather & Nicole by 30+ skeins. They are in a heavenly heap on the coffee table in our knitting circle at the Grove. Of course, I had to drop everything and start a bed sock right away and I am loving it! It works up on a #3, which is small, yes, but also standard for socks. The construction of this pattern is amazing. I can't even begin to tell you how clever it is. Since you knit small sections at a time, the project moves along quickly. It's not often that I get up and start knitting before the coffee is even done. Well, I did this morning...that's how fun this pattern is! There is plenty of time to knit a pair for one of your loved ones for the holidays. Oh, and 1 skein of Heather knits two pairs! We're open today until 6:00 and, of course, we'll be open on Black Friday. Come in soon for the best color selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment