Friday, August 10, 2012

Gradient is GREAT!

I am continually impressed with Skacel's yarn, especially the Schoppel yarns from Germany.  This yarn is called Gradient which has a "great long gradual colour exchange".  It is a slightly felted 100% virgin wool that is hand-washable.  It is as soft as alpaca but in a more substantial way, if that makes any sense! 

Our rep, the famous Mona Lisa, showed us a beautiful Wingspan made out of this yarn.  It was so inspiring that I ordered two balls immediately to make up a store sample.  And even though it's way hot here in San Diego, nothing could deter me from knitting with this scrumptious yarn.  The way the color changes fall into this pattern is remarkable!  I haven't planned any of this, but doesn't it look like the color changes lined up with the short rows are intentional?  Crazy, right?

This is just one of several new yarns we have ordered for Fall.  We will be bringing them into the shop gradually starting September 15th.  If you would like to start knitting with Gradient before then, just give me a call and let me know which colorway you want and I'll have it sent earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment