Monday, June 25, 2012

My New Puppy

Recently, I've made the harsh realization that Scout is really David's dog.  They sit together, sleep together, drive together, eat together.  It's kind of sick.  But maybe I'm just jealous.  I really want a dog of my own that is shop friendly, non-aggressive, non-territorial.  A dog I can take anywhere.  I want that little heart beat in the palm of my hand.  Yes, I'm talking small.  Not tiny, but small.  Portable.  Since Scout is aggressive with other dogs especially around food, I know it's not possible to get my own pup.  This was probably in the back of my mind yesterday when I saw this darling puppy on Ravelry as I sipped my morning coffee.  Hmmm.  I think I have Skinny Dyed in beige right there in my stash.  Ah-ha!  I do!  I can probably whip this little guy out in no time and so went my Sunday.  It took 2 hours to knit, and at least an hour to sew, stuff, and embroider.  The pattern is clear and easy to follow.  It's done flat which I find much easier than knitting tiny in the round.  And this little guy will be on the July calendar.  So you can knit one too.  Maybe we'll have a Grove litter!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, girlfriend. I got Monty to be my pup, but he had other ideas, and his heart belongs to Burt, 100%. They are an exclusive club just as you desribed David and Scout!

    ReplyDelete