Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Knitting with Beads


Looking over the last few entries, I was surprised to see that two of my most recent projects are knitted with beads. And I have just finished this pattern, my third. I did go to the Bead Show in Tucson, but all these projects were either completed or underway by the time I left on February 3rd. Isn't it funny how we steadfastedly head in a particular direction unconsciously and it's only by looking back that we see a theme? Think of that statement beyond knitting! So I guess we need to look back now and then to see what we're up to and where we are heading...unknowingly.

I am never bored with knitting, but lately I've had a spring fever type feeling...waiting for the next new thing. It's time. I just don't know what it is. When I was in Tucson, the idea of mixed media knitting was most intriguing to me. I experimented with wire lace, beads, findings, etc. and was filled with energy and awe over new ideas. Here's a couple of samples of what I did.

The thing is, this embellishing was on free form knitting and free form knitting falls within the "art" category and not necessarily the "wearable" category, so I am trying to apply these new thoughts to every day pieces. Aha, that's it!. That's what's hatching!

P.S. Aside from looking back, it's also a good idea to just write when things aren't clear. Ah, how we learn and relearn the same lessons throughout our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment