Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Crack!


I was up at 6 a.m. the day of Daily Scoop's Cookie Exchange to make my traditional Spritz cookies. Well, of all the times I've made these (practically my whole life), I had my first disaster. No boring details, just know that 2 lbs. of buttery dough with green food coloring in it is a lot to get rid of! And there was no time to do anything about it because I had a luncheon at 11:30 followed by work from 2-6. Curses.

My dilemma was solved unexpectedly by a late afternoon customer who told me to Google "Christmas Crack". She assured me I could make it in a flash, which was encouraging since I had only one hour between closing the shop and getting to the Cookie Exchange. Now I've heard a lot of frightening things about crack and never imagined I'd partake in it, but I did, and now I am hooked. Double curses. Christmas crack is a toffee made from saltines, butter, brown sugar, chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. It only takes about 15 minutes to make and it is crazy good. Check it out...c'mon, just try a little bit...it won't hurt you...it's the best high ever. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment