Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Girls!

Here's little Frankie on my arm about to test her little wings. Although we don't think the girls are related they are very attached to one another. This is Betty when we separated her from Frankie:
She was not happy. And it reminded me of when my sister and I were separated. I was just like Betty when my sis left for college! And lastly, here is Betty as DH's third eye:
I wish I could knit a sweater out of their wing feathers since they are so beautiful and silky. And a beret out of the down on their little heads and necks. Aside from fantasizing about defeathering them, I promised that I would have an omelet party from the first eggs laid whereupon my 88-year-old mother-in-law said, "Honey, I'll be long dead before those chickens lay a single egg"! I guess we can't expect any eggs for at least 6 months. (Gratefully, my MIL is in good health so I'm counting on her to be at that brunch!).

No comments:

Post a Comment